Worship in the
Shadow of the Cross
Services focused on Jesus
Over seventy years ago, a group of believers came together to form the congregation of St. Mark's and to construct a space set apart for worshiping God. The coronavirus pandemic threatened to disrupt our ability to gather together, but we maintained our weekly worship throughout the pandemic.
We gather in the shadow of the cross to worship Jesus Christ our Lord. We come together as a congregation to sing, to pray, to hear the good news of Jesus proclaimed, and to respond to the breath of the Spirit. We invite you to join us in worship.
The Etiquette of Gathering Together
Because the coronavirus is still present in the community of Midland and in the world, we observe the following manners out of love for each other.
- Please do not come to the sanctuary if you are sick.
- Wear a mask if you desire. Wearing a mask is optional. Some of us wear masks; others do not. But please wear a mask if you have been recently exposed to someone who is sick or may be sick. Masks are provided if you need one.
- Sanitize your hands as you enter the sanctuary and as you leave.
- Respect each person's need for social distance. Some of us hug, some shake hands, some fist bump and others prefer to keep some distance.
- When possible, leave space around your household and other households when you select your seats.